Land Agent



Who is the licensing body responsible for Land Agents in Alberta?

In Alberta, you must be a licensed land agent to act as a Land Agent or advertise yourself as a Land Agent. To learn more about Land Agents Licensing, visit the Government of Alberta Land Agent’s Licensing website.

What are the registration requirements for Land Agents in Alberta?

For certification information, visit the CERTinfo website and search for Land Agent.

What are the accepted English language proficiency tests and where can I be tested?

There are no formal English requirements for Land Agents; however, Land Agents must have a high level of English in the areas of reading, writing, speaking and listening skills in order to be successful in the profession. To learn more about where to take an English language proficiency test in Alberta, visit English Language Proficiency Tests and Locations.

What supports are available to support internationally educated professionals to integrate into the Canadian labour force?

Directions for Immigrants offers Clear Communications for Business to help you integrate into the Canadian work force. Topics include Active Listening, Assertiveness, Conflict Resolution, Problem Solving and Teamwork. Visit the Job Success Groups on the Study Groups page for more information on this service and eligibility criteria.

What information sources are available for Land Agents in Alberta?

Alberta Association of Surface Land Agents (AASLA) 

Additional Occupational Information 

For more information on occupations, duties and wages, visit the