Clear Communication for Health Professionals
Clear Communication for Health ProfessionalsWorkplace Communication Group Description:
Are you feeling that you need to build your self-confidence prior to working in a health care setting? Workplace culture can be quite different in the health care sector in Canada compared to your country of origin, and that’s why this workplace communication group is vital. The purpose of the Clear Communication for Health Care Professionals (CCHP) workplace communication group is to learn how to communicate effectively in a health care setting. It is also your opportunity to ask questions and get clarity – and who better to learn from than from an expert career coach whose goal is to set you up for success.
Join this group and take a step toward finding or keeping your next job. Improve your soft skills and learn how to develop effective communication skills with patients, colleagues, and inter-disciplinary teams. Communication for Health Professionals (CCHP) is designed to help internationally educated health professionals fine-tune their communication skills with patients and colleagues. You will learn, through role play, scenarios and group discussion, the expectations of Canadian patients and health care providers.
* Dates and delivery mode of the study group may be subject to change. Registered participants will be notified, and updates will be posted on our webpage.Topics include:
- Overcoming communication barriers
- Interacting professionally in the workplace
- Canadian Workplace Culture
- Conflict resolution
- Team work
Facilitated by a career coachCost:
No cost for eligible clients accepted into the groupEligibility Requirements:
- Be an internationally educated health professional
- Complete a study group assessment
- Be ready, willing and able to commit to the attendance rules
- Be approved by a career coach/facilitator/coordinator
May 9 - 12, 2022 (Monday - Thursday)*Time:
10:00 am - 2:00 pmNumber of Sessions:
4What are the steps to find out if you can join the CCHP job success group?
- Call Directions for Immigrants at 403-770-5155 and make an appointment to meet with a career coach
- Complete your online registration form
- Attend your appointment to determine your eligibility
- Complete a study group assessment with your career coach
- Develop an action plan with your career coach if applicable and accepted to the group