National Professional Practice Exam (NPPE)
Engineers and GeoscientistsStudy Group Description:
The National Professional Practice Exam (NPPE) study group focuses on assisting internationally educated engineers and geoscientists in reviewing competencies as outlined by the guidelines of the Canadian Engineering Qualifications Board through a questions and answer format and review with a facilitator.
* Dates and delivery mode of the study group may be subject to change. Registered participants will be notified and updates will be posted on our webpage.Licensing Body:
Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)Facilitators:
Co-facilitated by a career coach and licensed engineers.Cost:
No cost for eligible clients accepted into the group
What's in it for you?
Each session is facilitated by Patricia who been part of our team for 5+ years. Patricia is a PEng. and works in the industry herself, guiding our clients with years of direct, hands-on experience in the engineering discipline. Each session starts with a quiz which allows clients to gauge their individual progress and get immediate feedback to their questions.Eligibility Requirements:
- Be an internationally educated engineer or geoscientist
- Have applied to be a member of APEGA and provide proof
- Have registered to write the NPPE and paid the fees before the specified deadline and provide proof
- Complete a study group assessment
- Be ready, willing and able to commit to the attendance rules
- Be ready, willing and able to study required hours per week
- Be approved by a career coach/facilitator/coordinator.
Please note participants will require access to a laptop or PC and high speed internet suitable for audio and video streaming. A cell phone is not suitable for participation.
- Canadian Professional Engineering and Geoscience: Practice & Ethics, Fifth Edition, 2014 by Gordon C. Andrews or
Canadian Professional Engineering and Geoscience: Practice & Ethics, Sixth Edition, 2018 by Gordon C. Andrews
- Practical Law of Architecture, Engineering, and Geoscience, Second Canadian Edition, 2011 by Brian M. Samuels and Doug R. Sanders or
Practical Law of Architecture, Engineering, and Geoscience, Third Canadian Edition, 2015 by Brian M. Samuels and Doug R. Sanders
- Law for Professional Engineers: Canadian and Global Insights, Fifth Edition, 2019 by Donald L. Marston
- National Professional Practice Exam Study Materials listed on the APEGA website.
June 14 - August 23, 2023 (Wednesdays)*Time:
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Number of Sessions:
11What are the steps to find out if you can join the NPPE study group?
- Call Directions for Immigrants and make an appointment to meet a career coach, phone 403-770-5155
- Complete your online registration form
- Attend your appointment to determine your eligibility
- Complete a study group assessment with your career coach
- Develop an action plan with your career coach if accepted to the study group