National Professional Practice Exam (NPPE)
Engineers and GeoscientistsStudy Group Description:
The National Professional Practice Exam (NPPE) study groups focuses on assisting internationally educated engineers and geoscientists in reviewing competencies as outlined by the guidelines of the Canadian Engineering Qualifications Board through a questions and answer format and review with a facilitator.Licensing Body:
Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)Facilitators:
Co-facilitated by a career coach and licensed engineers.Cost:
No cost for eligible clients accepted into the groupEligibility Requirements:
- Be an internationally educated engineer or geoscientist
- Have applied to be a member of APEGA and provide proof
- Have registered to write the NPPE and paid the fees before the specified deadline and provide proof
- Complete a study group assessment
- Be ready, willing and able to commit to the attendance rules
- Be ready, willing and able to study required hours per week
- Be approved by a career coach/facilitator/coordinator.
- Canadian Professional Engineering and Geoscience: Practice & Ethics, Fifth Edition, 2014 by Gordon C. Andrews
- Practical Law of Architecture, Engineering, and Geoscience, Third Canadian Edition, 2015 by Brian M. Samuels and Doug R. Sanders
- National Professional Practice Exam Study Materials listed on the APEGA website.
August 22 - November 14, 2020Time:
9:00 am to 11:30 amNumber of Sessions:
11What are the steps to find out if you can join the NPPE study group?
- Call Directions for Immigrants and make an appointment to meet a career coach, phone 403-770-5155
- Complete your online registration form
- Attend your appointment to determine your eligibility
- Complete a study group assessment with your career coach
- Develop an action plan with your career coach if accepted to the study group