Information you need to know to work as a Denturist

Who is the licensing body responsible for Denturists in Alberta?

In Alberta, you must be registered with the College of Alberta Denturists to practice as a Denturist. Only individuals who are registered as a Regulated Member may call themselves a Denturist, use the protected title, and provide Denturist services.

What are the registration requirements for internationally educated Denturists?

For complete information on the requirements for internationally educated Denturists, visit the Internationally Trained Denturists page and Guide for Internationally Trained Denturists on the College of Alberta Denturists website.

What are the educational requirements for Denturists in Alberta?

Note: Licensing bodies compare international education and experience to Canadian standards.

In Alberta, Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) in Edmonton offers a three-year Denturist Technology program that includes a practicum.

What are the accepted English language proficiency tests and where can I be tested?

According to the Denturists Profession Regulation 8.1(1) an applicant for registration as a regulated member must be sufficiently proficient in English to be able to engage safely and competently in the practice of denturism. To learn more about where to take an English language proficiency test in Alberta, visit English Language Proficiency Tests and Locations.

What supports are available to support internationally educated Denturists to integrate into the Canadian labour force?

Directions for Immigrants offers workplace communication groups to help you integrate into the Canadian work environment. The Clear Communication for Health Professionals (CCHP) workplace communication group is designed to help internationally educated health care professionals fine-tune their communication skills with patients, supervisors, and colleagues. In one week, you will learn through role-play and scenarios the nuances and expectations of Canadian patients, inter-disciplinary teams, and other health care industry participants. Topics include overcoming communication barriers, professional workplace interaction/behaviour, Canadian workplace culture, conflict resolution, and teamwork. Visit Clear Communication for Health Professionals for more information.

What information resources are available for Denturists in Alberta?

Additional Occupational Information

For more information on occupations, duties and wages, visit: